Locust Lane Riding Center (LLRC) is committed to providing opportunities for growth and learning for the equestrian community. In support of this commitment, LLRC will host educational clinics at our facility in Coatesville, PA. Please check this section of our site regularly for upcoming clinics.
March – TTOUCH Clinic
Why TTOUCH for your horse?
- TTOUCH is a method based on circular movements of the fingers and hands all over the horse’s body. The intent of
- TTOUCH is to activate the function of the body’s cells and awaken cellular intelligence – a little like “turning on the electric lights of the body”.
- TTOUCH is done on the entire body, and each circular TTOUCH is complete within itself. Therefore, it is not necessary to understand anatomy to be successful in speeding up the healing of injuries or ailments, or changing undesirable habits or behaviors.
- TTOUCH is a specialized approach to the care and training of animals. Developed by internationally recognized animal expert, Linda Tellington-Jones, this method is based on cooperation and respect, and offers a positive approach to training. It can help improve performance and health, as well as present solutions to common behavioral and physical problems. It also helps establish a deeper rapport between humans and animals through increased understanding and more effective communication.
Using a combination of specific touches, lifts and movement exercises, TTOUCH helps to release tension and increase body awareness. This allows the animal to be handled without provoking typical fear responses. As a result, the animal can more easily learn new and more appropriate behaviors. By using TTOUCH in conjunction with a variety of tools, such as the confidence-building ground work, you can assist the animal in experiencing self-confidence in previously frightening situations. Even the most difficult problems are often eliminated. TTOUCH can also assist with recovery from illness or injury, or simply enhance the quality of your animal’s life.
TTOUCH CAN HELP IN CASES OF:
- Excitabililty and Nervousness
- Aggressive Behavior
- Resistance to Grooming/Tack
- Trailering Problems
- Healing from Injury or Illness
- Lack of Focus/Balance
- Problems Associated with Aging
In addition to the benefits for the horse, the rider also relaxes, releases tension and builds an even deeper relationship with their horse. TTOUCH can help horse and rider become a cohesive team.